Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crazy, Beautiful Life

So I will start of today's post by saying that my outfit does not match, like at all.  Such is the life of a perpetually late mom.  Which got me thinking about how crazy my life is!  Usual day: wake up, get myself and daughter ready, bring her to daycare, drive to work, pick her up after work, drive home, Monday nights she has dance, make dinner, take care of the usual house chores (picking up, feeding the dog and cat, laundry, which is never ending!), etc.  That doesn't include errands, grocery shopping, doctor appointments (which there have been a lot of lately for me-I'll explain that in a minute), driving Isabelle to her Nana & Abba's (her dad's parents) so she can go to bible study, paying bills, yard work and the constant repairing, remodeling and upgrading we are doing to our house.  Whew!  No wonder I have hardly any time to squeeze in date nights with my girlfriends!  Life is nuts, but life is good! 

One compalaint I do have right now is my health issues I've been having lately.  A couple months ago I decided to go onto Chantix and quit smoking (yay me!).  At the same time is when we started renovation on our bathroom.  I'm talking all-out, full-on top to bottom new EVERYTHING in our bathroom.  We tore out the tub, shower, vanity, toilet and floor and wall tiles.  Which, as you can imagine, caused a ton of dust to fly around.  I started having breathing problems shortly after-wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, the whole works.  It got so bad I was perscribed an inhaler and given prednisone (which helps with inflammation of the airway).  A couple weeks later I was so short of breath I had to go into the e.r.  I went home and scrubbed and cleaned my ENTIRE house TOP TO BOTTOM.  Every nook and cranny was picked up, dusted, vacuumed, wiped the heck down.  The bathroom is completely blocked off now, all dust is kept under control and the house is constantly vacuumed and wiped clean.  I'm STILL having these breathing problems a month and a half later even woke up one night covered in hives and itching all over. We (me, the docs, my parents) think it has to be some kind of allergy.  So I am headed to the doctor tomorrow for the some breathing tests and chest x-rays and hopefully referred over to do allergy testing, which I so desparately need.  OK-there's my rant.  I had to get it out.  It's been bugging me for so long and I'm just so sick of it! 

But let me think about the many things that I have to be so thankful for shall we:

-My amazing daughter who has saved me in so many ways
-My amazing husband-he is my rock
-My family and great friends
-My overall good health
-My job (and I'm so lucky to have a job that I actually LOVE!)
-Owning our own house!
-A realiable car
-Sping coming early
-A comfy bed
-Good books
-Food in our home
-Being able to pay our bills (we struggle, but we get by)
-My hearing and sight

There are so many things to be greatful for in life that I feel guilty complaining about the things that I do...But sometimes you just have to vent!  Life is good and I know it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking what I have forgranted. As my mom says "I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin..."

I'll end with a little quote that my grandma told me when I was younger and I was going through a hard time dealing with my parents divorce.  I'll never forget what she told me: "God will never give you anything that you can't handle."

xoxo,

Jess





1 comment:

  1. I hope everything is OK Jess and they get you both some answers and relief!

    ReplyDelete